Re:

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Jon Adams on January 14, 2008 at 10:01:31:

In Reply to: Re: posted by Todd Golomb on January 14, 2008 at 09:32:03:

Todd, I guess I should have included in my above remarks.....hence the title "counter-attack".....was rhat it would be nice to see a few POSITIVE remarks regarding the Marathon (or any other race for that matter) in "Sound-Off". You know, things like the positive economical effect these larger races have on our community in addition to the intangible "positives" the race brings such as added GOOD exposure to our city, etc....

Nah, I wouldn't get my hopes up about trying to rival Boston in regards to crowd support, I don't think Boston has an equal in that respect.

I WOULD like to thank all of those who WERE out on the course this past Sunday, supporting and cheering on the runners. In addition to the "official" aid stations and water stops there were also several GREAT groups of volunteers who manned "aid" stations.....one being the group from Forrest Hills? at the 8-Mile mark and the Bay Are Runners who had a station at the bottom of "fire station" hill near Langan Park. There were others, but my memory fails me as to who they were.

Thanks to all!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: