"Enough Already"

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Kerry Rehm on April 29, 2006 at 12:37:58:

Yep, that's the new slogan going around concerning the rise in gas prices and I guess it can also be used for the "weekly happenings of the Port City Pacers"

(The following is just a personal reflection and is not intended for any one person.)

It seems every race week, WE (the CORE VOLUNTEERS that put on the race....and are there at the race site at the BUTT-CRACK OF DAWN OR BEFORE....and DON'T get paid for doing this or getting up this early on a Saturday morning....and sometimes would LOVE to sleep in on SOME Saturday mornings), have some complaint, or complaints, about how the race was handled to deal with.

Well, ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

How 'bout, WE (the CORE VOLUNTEERS who are there at EVERY race come RAIN OR SHINE), DON'T show up for the final races of the season and just let all those who have nothing better to do than to BITCH put on the race instead. At least you would have an abundance of people there to help put it on because of the large number of bitchy people out there. Just think you could have 12 people per street intersection to hold off traffic and 15 people per water stop to hand water out and 24 people to help set up the course. So, operational-wise speaking, it could be handled quite well and I'm sure everything would go smoothly...not ONE single complaint to be had.

Point I would like to make is this: STOP YOUR BITCHIN' AND WHINING!! WE ARE DOING THE BEST WE CAN AND NOTHING IS DONE PERFECTLY IN THIS WORLD. ERRORS AND MISTAKES ARE MADE EVERY DAY IN LIFE SO GET USE TO IT. BELIEVE ME, WE HAVE NO PERSONAL VENDETTAS AGAINST ANYONE. WE ARE SORRY FOR ANY ERRORS WE MAKE IN THE PRONUNCIATION OF YOUR NAME AT THE AWARD CEREMONY OR PUTTING YOU IN THE WRONG AGE GROUP (this could be helped more if the registrants would print neatly so that we can read it) OR LISTING YOU AS THE WRONG SEX (again, print neatly)OR NOT HAVING ENOUGH WATER AT THE WATER STOPS OR RUNNING OUT OF BEER AT THE POST-RACE PARTY OR THE T-SHIRT IS NOT THE RIGHT SIZE...OR THE VARIOUS OTHER THOUSAND COMPLAINTS WE HEAR, WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT.

So, now I make my appeal again. Instead of complaining, come and volunteer at a few of the races and see for yourself how "not so easy" it is to have everything go on without a hitch in the wagon.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: