Re: Well? Tri-boys what happened?

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Leif Irgens on May 17, 2006 at 08:17:55:

In Reply to: Well? Tri-boys what happened? posted by Victor Birch on May 17, 2006 at 00:13:46:

Well . . . I don't want to speak for Timmy but from the looks of things, he had a pretty fantastic day. Me, I couldn't catch Timmy but it turns out I was fast enough to catch that cold I'd been chasing since Wednesday. I made it through the swim OK but never really felt right on my bike. I held close to my target race pace for 40 miles before coming apart at the seams. The last 15 miles back to T2 took me almost an hour, at which point I elected to follow the lesson I learned in my one 4-hour marathon: Sometimes it's smarter to drop out. So, I elected to live to fight another day; packed my stuff, took a DNF, and walked to the car rather than kill myself trying to waddle a half-marathon. Maybe next time . . .

Congrads. to Timmy J. though who made up a 10 min. wave handicap on my by mile 35 on the bike and flew on by to crush many in his age group. As his total time was within a minute or two of what I thought I could do, I'm really disappointed that we didn't get to fight it out for real.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: