Re: Thanks for posting!!!!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on January 19, 2008 at 12:18:03:

In Reply to: Re: Thanks for posting!!!! posted by Leif Irgens on January 19, 2008 at 09:10:43:

canceled?? What are ya'll talking about?? I know I wasn't preregistered, so I went, thought the crowd was a little thin (but that's to be expected with a bunch of big talking boys) slapped my cash down on the south Murphy steps, near where registration usually is, and headed for the start line.

When 8:08 (a.m.) rolled around and two joggers and one dog walker came by, I figured, "Well, I guess we're it and I headed out. I remembered the course well from years gone by and WOW, without having to thread through the mass of Pacer humanity, and with the cool temps keeping me well below red-lining, I finally managed a sub-30:00 5K (racewalking) again! It's been a long, long time, and I was more than well pleased. I will say, however, while there was plenty of water on the course (ya'll ran out of cups, though!) as well as after the race, the refreshments afterwards were nothing to write home about. Also, I guess ya'll ran out of T-shirts too, BUT, I am pretty dang sure I won the women's racewalk division (I did not see ANY racewalker ahead of me, EVER) and so whatever prize there was for me, you can just get to me at the next one. No hurry.

All in all: GREAT RACE 2DAY, PACERS!!!!! Thanks, big time! 8 ) 8 ) 8 )

Mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: