Re: re: in praise of autonomy...

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on January 31, 2008 at 23:43:11:

In Reply to: Re: re: in praise of autonomy... posted by kenric andrews on January 31, 2008 at 19:52:14:

also, these races are the only playtime that we are afforded in our adult lives...

Kenric,

I am sooo sorry I did not invite you to my 40-somethingth beach birthday party/Compost Baseball Bash last summer. As it may or may not sound, we used compostable fruits and veggies (in their overripe states) as baseballs, and there was nare a third base coach even, much less rules what didn't change on a whim. What there was, was a sweet smell of smacked citrus, melons and 'maters, in the air, and mushy-mush smeared on the backs of most base runners. Talk about some adult fun, complete with commemorative T-shirts...woooweeee!

I'm afraid it was just about the last in a series of birthday contests, following on the heels of the Tour de Meaux (bike race in which TR[&B]FKAFBM won the yellow jersey/T-shirt); The Buddha Belly Bowling Bash (all the republicans were banished to the "Bush League" team, and won....d'oh!); the Kooky Kinky Karmically Korrect Kickball Turnament, in which I believe the Down Home Sugar Buggars eventually triumphed over the Flying Monkey Butts; Mo's Master Race, staged (and rigged) so I could win my first ever race as a masters; and the infamous MO'Lympics whose motto was "Older, Slower, Lower."

So there's plenty of uncoached fun to be had, Kenric: you just have to invent most of it......

MoRoberts

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: