Re: Kenny, I'm told that "virtually" every Bomber...

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Kenneth Pfeiffer on March 27, 2008 at 16:10:51:

In Reply to: Kenny, I'm told that "virtually" every Bomber... posted by Victor Birch on March 27, 2008 at 09:24:34:

Ok...I've played along with the nonsense long enough...age grading is just for people who aren't all that fast anymore...true, there are guys older than me who beat me head to head, but if somebody wants to truly claim a victory over someone based on some table, I would have to say they were only trying to cover up the fact that they may be just a little past their prime...truth be told, I have yet to and may never again recapture my fitness level from when I ran in college and that is my own fault...after college I didn't even run a mile for 3 1/2 years...for about 2 of these years I was smoking cigarettes...It is a good day if I break 18 in a 5k nowdays and it wasn't too long ago I ran in the 16s...but I will make this promise to everyone reading this forum...

"You will NEVER catch me blaming a loss on age...even when I am 60 years old, I will not tell a young whipper snapper that I really beat him based on age-graded tables"

Tables are good for comparison purposes and I'm all about friendly and even not-so-friendly competition but in the end..."To be the man you gotta beat the man"...head-to-head that is!!!

As for Bombers, CHARR, and anyone else up for a race, I am looking to run in the mid to low 37's saturday...come run with me!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: