It was awesome seeing everybody

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by athena lopez on March 29, 2008 at 19:12:04:

Forgive me....to all that I told I ran 55:53. I started my watch just before the start. It took what seemed to be about a minute to get there, that was the fun part though. I had never started so far back before and I must say I have been missing so much fun. I had people running all around me the whole time! Usually I get in "No man's land" and I feel like I want to stop so bad. Not this time. I felt so good and never had to walk. I got to jog the whole time. I even ran negative splits. The big clock read 55:59 while my watch read 55:53 but my 56:20 official time is nothing to complain about either. I just do not want anyone thinking the pregnancy has me telling stories...Ha!

I love the chip idea. You can cross the line and be done. You do not have to be rushed in a single file line. You also do not have to feel like you're going to spew while walking through a shoot.

Thank you to all who cheered me on on the side lines and all who cheered me on through the finish. I could not have done it without you. It was epsecially encouraging when I passed someone I knew and they shouted at me, "Hey I am supposed to be passing you!" I didn't think it would be possible but I must say it was a little emotional because I feel like I accomplished something so incredible. I will always be able to tell my baby that she got to run with me through an entire 10K race. I must say that it is so much nicer breathing here than in Colorado. My last mile split was 8:49. My splits were 9:10-9:07. I had a great time. I so miss all of you guys and I look forward to my next visit that will be with my baby girl.

Love,
Athena

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: