Re: Ironman Florida

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on October 31, 2007 at 15:56:59:

In Reply to: Re: Ironman Florida posted by Allyson Lamey on October 31, 2007 at 08:32:34:

OMG!!! That just cracked me up. I went in 2005 to watch IMFL and I was so exhausted from walking, watching, cheering all day that by 8:30 I was ready for my jammies.

It's pitiful, I know, but I swear there should be a training program for Ironman support personnel! Maybe THAT'S the book I should write! I am not too proud to admit I truly was exhausted by the end of the day. And if my once-upon-a-time Ironman dreams took a giant step backwards after I completed my lone 1/2 Ironman-distance event....which I LOVED (better than, you know....)----being on the sidelines for an entire Ironman (even WITH the TWO NAP BREAKS) absolutely put that dream to bed forever and ever and ever. I don't know what those Iron people are made of, but I can say with complete confidence that if I ever had ANY parts made of it (highly doubtful) they have surely worn away, or dropped out as I chased after my dogs or something. They have nothing but R-E-S-P-E-C-T from me (and the Queen of Soul).

Which reminds me, my 2003 way-too-cool-for-school zebra-striped 54 cm Performance tri bike with Speedplay pedals and shoes (women's 8.5); Cat's Eye computer, all Altegra Shimano components, aerobar, and carbon front fork and seat post is at that bike store on Shillingers, Just Bikes (??) for sale on consignment for $1200. It's a lot, but it's a steal, and I'm very sad that my stupid neck dictates that I sell it, or use it as a clothes rack. It WANTS to roll! Actually, I hope no one I know buys it, because with the rate of car-to-bike accidents, I'd hate to know anyone who ever got hurt on "my" bike. Anyway, go have a looksee if if you (the "big" you) are interested, or pass along to anyone who may be. They also have several other used on-consignment bikes, but none so fine as mine.

Oy,

Mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: