Re: Intro & Question

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on August 05, 2008 at 15:35:16:

In Reply to: Intro & Question posted by Chris LaSonde on August 05, 2008 at 08:28:17:

Yo, Chris:

(Did I get his name right, Victor??) Welcome to the fray! I'm a 50K veteran myself (racewalking.....on a 1k piece of road---they called it a 2K loop, but I knew it was really just back and forth on 1K, 50X!) and it is ALL yours buddy---knock yourself out. Been there, got the medal and I got noooo plans to go back, but I do like distance, in saner doses, or at least with some freakin' scenery. Would love to hike the Appalachian Trail some day (includes the mts you mention) as I've already hiked/climbed Katadin in Maine, before I even knew it was the northern terminus of the trail. Anyway, I share your propensity for annual aging in July, but you're 365 ahead of me: la, la, lala la!

For a newly metamorphing running/walking/crawling group (that will be equally heavy on the endorphins but likely a touch lighter on the testosterone) that begins Tuesday evening Aug 19 and will meet most every Tuesday evening thereafter, at the Mellow Mushroom at the Loop for a 5K workout followed by discounted food and malt beverages, check out www.MobileMellowMilers.com

We'd love for you to join us if you'd care to, but maybe save the super hero tights for the races. They could get you beat up at the Loop....?

8 }

Mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: