That's okay

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Jon Adams on August 08, 2008 at 10:42:23:

In Reply to: Re: Oh C R A P posted by Sylvia Rogers on August 08, 2008 at 10:19:59:

LOL! That's okay Sylvia....I take the "good ones" any way I can get them nowadays!

Actually Bowie's point just supports an earlier comment made by Victor regarding which races this "team competition" will be take place on and the problems of allowing a "time" to be considered on just any race course....certified or not. For it to be a true competition the runners need to be participating in the same race, head-to head, on the same course, on the same day (using the age graded tables of course.:> )
When you start comparing performances between differnt courses (even between two different certified courses.) you are talking apples and oranges. There are just too many variables to justly compare performances. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying a PR on a certified course isn't legit just because it happens to be on a "Fast" course......I'm just saying when it comes to actually competing against other runners, only those who are running the same race against each other should count.

.....did that make sense??????

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: