Re: How do you train when at sea?

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Robert Staples on August 10, 2008 at 16:07:08:

In Reply to: How do you train when at sea? posted by Leon Mattics on August 10, 2008 at 14:07:27:

Hi Leon, it is not ez I guess some people will be thinking more old man excuses but it does put me at a disadvantage not running on land or doing track workouts for two weeks out of the month. I used to just run in place so I got a manule tredmill and a mountain bike and a trek bike stand. The tredmill has alot of resistance and does cause injuries sometimes,I have to tie myself off with a rope around my waist to hold me in place to beable to swing my arms.I was doing one to two hours at a time on t.mill that put me out for two months last Sept. so I break it up thirty min. on t.mill thirty min. on bike sometimes run on deck. I do steps,jump rope, do yoga,and P90X for core. As you can see I have to be creative.I am very competive in anything I do that's why I don't agree with age grading even at fifty years old if I stay healthy and am having a good day I WILL KICK SOME BUTT any age. I am setting my goal on breaking seventeen min. for 5K. Wanting to run a marathon and be fast is not easy at any age so I have my work cut out for me.Any time I am at the dock I take full advantage of it which promots over training and that I do do more than not.If you think tread mills and stationary bikes are not boaring just try it for hours and hours at a time,it sucks but it works.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: