Mighty Mellow Milers Melee!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on August 19, 2008 at 23:15:01:

Gangamus:

Wow, 2night's debut of the Mellow Milers training group was straight up!

Our fearless leader and Mushroom Mastermind, Heather "NoJo" said there were officially over fifty (50!) fabulous folks for the debut 5K (or 2-mile, for those what preferred) workout, and while I freely admit to missing the gene for estimation, I swear there was not one soul less than 800 people milling about when I pulled up at 5:45pm. It was soooooooo cool. And NoJo has a really great route measured and mapped out to the north of the 'shroom, and even spent part of her afternoon putting up directional signs indicating the meandering turns. (And the poor dear mastermind didn't even get to workout herself, she was so worried about everyone doing, and being, and returning and such!)

It was a little like old home night, what with the First Couple of the Pacers in attendance, a complete gaggle of former TNT marathoners, and even an envoy of Spiridons *Treked* over after their track workout to give the MellowHeads their seal of approval...and to get a pint or two of course, but I think that pretty much is their seal of approval, yeah?

Ahhhh, somebody once said it's good to be the king, but I say, it's good to have a training group again! If ya'll came out 2night, come back. And if you didn't, come any Tuesday @ 5:45pm. It was great, and so were the discounts on appetizers and brewskis.

YoYoYo,
~mo~

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: