Jingle Bell 5K Run/Walk, 1 Mile Fun Run & Elf Chase

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Kerry Rehm on August 22, 2008 at 14:11:28:

RACE DATE: December 6, 2008 @ Fort Conde

I just met with Ann Coffee, who is heading up the return of this very popular race of years past, and I thought I would mention the website that you can go to to find out more info. I'm sure in the near future, a link to their website will be added to the "Links" section of this website but for now anyone needing more info than what the website offers can reach Ann at the Arthritis Foundation office - 639-9722.

The website is: www.mobilejinglebellrun2008.kintera.org or just type in Mobile Jingle Bell Run 2008 in your "Search" engine.

Ann & Elyse Marley headed up this run in the past (which was last run under this name several years ago) and they have formed a committee to make sure this race is more successful than it has ever been. Ann informed me that the recent running of this race in Seattle drew 12,000 participants. Because of this, we've set a goal to try to get 10% of that, or 1,200 people for "Mobile's" version of the JBR with proceeds/donations benefiting the Arthritis Foundation and Camp M.A.S.H. The "Elf Chase" will be for children 8 years old and under. There will be prizes given out for the Costume Contest, as well.

As I mentioned before, Ann has put together a committee but she is currently looking for someone who would like to come aboard and help her with the Racewalker/Walker portion of this run. If this is you then give her a call at the number above.

This race will be here before you know it so go ahead and get those Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus and Elf costumes out and begin shaking the dust off. Come out and join us for the 19th Annual Jingle Bell Run for Arthritis.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: