Re: AGTS2008 Scoreboard

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on September 06, 2008 at 23:07:40:

In Reply to: AGTS2008 Scoreboard posted by Justin Parker on September 06, 2008 at 16:53:20:

Wow,

Sweet time at the Hurricane Run, Ames.....Tell us, do, did you have fun?

Mo

P.S. By the way, on the way to and fro from taking my beasts to the woods to romp this a.m., I saw a big high school XC race (Schoenwald's and Spencers, I do believe....?) at Municipal Park today. On the way back, when I *thought* the beasts would be tuckered out, we fell by to check out the action and caught the boys' open division race. WOW, indeed! The first four finishers were all under 19:40, with the winner, from Lafayette, LA, according to Lonn, just a little bit over 19:00----waaaaay ahead of the no. 2 finisher, and I'd say the top 10 to 15 finishers were all very, very closer together. It was an exciting finish, for sure. I was sorry my beasts were too hot to stay for more (it was a way humid morning for runners AND beasts). Don't know how many of yous have ever races XC, but I can tell you, it's way harder (i.e. slower) than a road race. And those young athletes deserve all the kudos they received today.....as did Pacer George Lee, who worked the finish line and whomever else I didn't see. It was a big event, for sure.

Mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: