MY Mama

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on October 03, 2008 at 18:33:24:

In Reply to: Taking Over the Streets posted by Chris LaSonde on October 02, 2008 at 09:36:58:

Taught me a great many things, one of which (since she was, afterall, the quintessential Jewish mother, God bless her soul) was that nothing, and I do mean nothing, is more important than safety....well, Ok, wearing clean underwear that is not worn out, at ALL times; scouring out one's ears before ANY and EVERY medical appointment; and constant e.a.t.i.n.g. are all tied for a close second. She also opined that reading the anonymous and often poorly-spoken Sound Off is a pasttime for people with a tilt toward the tabloids. Now Letters to the Editor, on the otherhand, where folk take the time to compose and mail (in one fashion or another) and actually identify themselves while expressing opinions: There's a read worthy of the time it takes, whether or not one agrees with the allegations OR the alligators.

I will say that I did read Sound Off once, but it scared me so much to realize the mentality of the people that call in, I vowed to never venture there again. Having said that, Chris, and as a mere participant (not organizer), cheerleader and celebrant for and of the Tuesday midtown workout, may I ask if you have any first-hand concern, complaint, or suggestion?

Thanks,

8 )

Monetta Roberts

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail: