Payback Rarely Comes A$ $$

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on October 11, 2008 at 02:54:04:

In Reply to: Re: Does This Help? posted by Pat Hilliard on October 10, 2008 at 11:38:50:

Mr. Hilliest:

Time-out indeed was the punishment, BUT, it was given in the spirit of stopping me from getting myself any deeper into PR trouble. (Like that's even possible at this point.) And also, NoJo, was enjoying an opportunity to give a little back, as she was one of the last ever marathoners I officially coached and who got to enjoy the double-whammy of the Jewish mother/elementary school teacher approach I took to the job.

Good thing I did too, in her team's case, as she ran THE hottest EVER Disney Marathon on record. It was 80 and humid as the team sat in the Epcot parking lot staging area.....at 4:00am, or some equally crazed pre-dawn time. And it only got worse...and worse from there. Athletes were dropping like...well, like over-heated, dehydrated athletes over the course of the marathon that day, but not MY athletes: Upon seeing the forecast for race day, we immediately went from Race Plan A to Race Plan B and just like the previous 10 yrs' worth of athletes I coached, all of my coachees finished that day and, amazingly to me, 99% ran even-splits or even negative splited..... NoJo was truly part of one for the record books. If she wants to put me in Time Out, I'll go....I owe her that much, out of respect for what she overcame in her marathon debut. Heck, I doubt I could've done what that group did!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: