A Great Weekend for Racing!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Jon Adams on October 19, 2008 at 11:27:03:

Did everyone enjoy that "perfect" weather this weekend for the races?!
Team Spiridon enjoyed some good success on both sides of Mobile Bay....taking 6 out of the top 10 spots overall and the winning female overall. Jon Bowie was 2nd overall and Amy Huff took first female overall at the Saraland 8K....I believe both setting PRs in the proccess. On the other side of the Bay, Tracey Levins took first overall along with Jill McEvoy taking the Women's overall title at a 5K in Silverhill.
I bet there were numerous PRs set......it looks like there are many running very well lately. In fact it was pointed out to me yesterday that the first 9 runners in Saraland were all under 30-minutes! .....as opposed to the last couple of years when only the first 2 to 3 runners were sub-30.....great job! I can't help but think that this is due in part to the "rise" of team competition in the area. I believe the "team concept" provides a good training environment for many.

......or it could just be the water?

Whatever it is, keep it up!

Speaking of team competition.....I believe the latest Gauntlet/Handicap race results from Saraland have been posted. :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: