Heart Rate Monitors

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Jon Adams on November 29, 2008 at 18:54:16:

How many of you here use a heart rate monitor for training? Just curious...they can be a great training tool, but I sometimes see people become a "slave" to them. Actually what I hate to see even more is someone who straps one on, then if they don't see the data they are hoping for they toss it aside.....I never understood that one. Most people think they have a decent "base" when they don't. The HRM simply exposes that weakness and the person wearing the device doesn't want to believe it.....they don't want to run "slow". This IMO is the very thing that the HRM serves best...it gives the runner "permission" to run "slow"....to truly build their base properly and get the true recovery they should be getting. I have used a HRM in the past and found they helped me most when I was "out of shape" and I needed some objective feedback to help me adjust my pace according to my workout. I've said it a thousand times, but I believe the most common mistake we as runners make in training is NOT getting proper recovery, if used correctly the HRM will help you make sure that you do.

If you're still undecided what to get a friend or loved one for Christmas, check this out:
http://teamspiridon.com/services

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: