Re: Where are good running trails in or near Mobile?

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Jon Adams on February 08, 2009 at 09:45:47:

In Reply to: Where are good running trails in or near Mobile? posted by Melody Glenn on February 08, 2009 at 08:12:55:

Melody, the most extensive and "best" IMO are two sets of trails both located on U. of South Alabama campus. There is one set located just off the First Light Marathon course near mile marker #15 I believe. If you find that mile marker (you may want to refer to the First Light course map available on line) look over to a little "cul-de-sac" just off the main road....you can pick up the trails at that point. They are not "marked" but are in pretty good shape and fairly easy to follow......you can easily roam around for 3 to 5 miles.
There are also an even more extensive trail system located on campus over by the intramural fields but I will defer to someone else to give directions to this site as I'm not as sure of landmarks in that area.
If you happen to live on the Eastern Shore you should check out the trail system at Blakeley Park.....you can easily run a 7 to 10 miler at that location.
Hope this helps.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: