Re: Where are good running trails in or near Mobile?

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Chris LaSonde on February 09, 2009 at 10:02:47:

In Reply to: Where are good running trails in or near Mobile? posted by Melody Glenn on February 08, 2009 at 08:12:55:

Melody,

I am currently training doing most of my tempo runs on the trails Jon was describing. I would be happy to give you directions and/or meet you out there and show you and your husband the options.

As a side note, I was in Tallahassee this past weekend and they have an almost unbelievable super-abundance of trails for hiking, biking, running and some horseback riding. I met close to 30 members of the Gulf Winds Track Club at a complex north of the city at 7:30 Sunday morning and got in 22 miles all on trails that honeycombed an area looping around several lakes. There is another huge complex of trails centered on Tom Brown park in the southeast part of the city. The Gulf Winds Track Club has a great site that includes descriptions of and directions to all the trails.

Another side note ... I am currently in the last month of training for the Mississippi Trail Race on March 7. There is a great group of guys up there who often run in the Longleaf Trail area of the DeSoto National Forest on weekends. That is another wonderfully maintained trail system and well-worth the 90-minute drive from Mobile IMHO. Dennis Bisnette is the point of contact and you can get his email off the race site:

http://www.ms50.com/

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: