Re: ATR

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Lu Jeffrey on March 21, 2009 at 19:27:40:

In Reply to: ATR posted by jeff moody on March 21, 2009 at 17:43:03:

Here is the skinny on that issue; you are running on a public road...no one can forcefully take you off, nor can they force you to take your i pod off.
This is according to my family member who has sat as a judge on the State Court of Criminal Appeals in Alabama for 8 years. They put that statement in the waiver because the RRCA requires it. It is not enforceable...except that they can refuse to give you any award you might win if they want, and you can file against them in small claims court to get your award if you want!
Bottom line; we still live in a free country....if they want to enforce the i pod/headset thing the next step would be that someone would insist that they must also deny participation to any person with impaired hearing....then we go down a slippery slope and we could end up with races that require fingerprinting and matching uniforms! :)
You can see I do have an opinion about this and I do wear a headset as do some individuals that sat on the PCP board that decided to add the line (and I will abide) to the waiver. My husband who is a SMOKING HOT runner has impaired hearing from years of piloting helicopters, I am certain he would not be denied participation or his prize!
Wear your i pod and enjoy the race!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: