Re: The Holderfields had a house fire

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Frank Holderfield on June 24, 2009 at 13:09:49:

In Reply to: The Holderfields had a house fire posted by Sylvia Rogers on June 19, 2009 at 09:37:18:

I appreciate the kind words from Sylvia, Victor and Mo.
I feel so lucky that my daughter got out safely as well as our two beloved corgis-in fact it was one of the corgis that alerted my daughter to the fire in the garage. One of the fireman said if it had been five minutes later my daughter would not have gotten out. Boy does that send chill bumps every time I think about it. By the time I arrived at our home it was fully involved and there was nothing to do but watch it burn. This image and the smell of charred wood will forever live in my brain.
There was such an outpouring of support from friends, neighbors, firemen and others. This has greatly helped to work through this tragic event. Donny from Sports N More sent all of us new running shoes and Joe at MCCOY's gave my daughter new running shoes and shorts.
We are going to rebuild and are excited about some changes that we can now make. Allstate so far has been working with us during the recovery period. We are all staying in a very nice rental and I have started running again although I usually just run early saturday and sunday mornings due to the extreme heat. I am looking forward to the crime prevention run. This has been such an unbelievable experience that has truly humbled me. One amazing thing is that my garmin survived this ordeal.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: