Re: Say It Ain't So, Lu!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on July 12, 2009 at 17:47:23:

In Reply to: Re: Say It Ain't So, Mo posted by Lu Jeffrey on July 11, 2009 at 22:01:13:

LuLu:

So the water's fine, jump on in, yer saying? I appreciate the welcome, but I got no plans to be checking out any fast body's race results....(A) I don't like reading scary things; and (B) Leave me to my delusions, that's my new motto---besides, this is a rebuilding decade---decade and a half for me, whatever.....

I am reminded though, that the R.E.S.P.E.C.T. I asked for earlier, I forget to elaborate upon: I think it only fair that as the newest GrandMast in the club, it's only right that **when** I regain the ability to catch and pass anyone in a club race, that person should absolutely defer to my senior citizen status and remain passed, even if he or she has to purposefully trip themselves in order to stay behind; hop on one leg; or finish the race on their knees. But c'mon, only for, like, one race season, or maybe two or three.

In other (actual) news, though I personally retired from marathoning after my 25th one (to make more room for Will and Don) I started feeling some half-marathon love again recently. I may be the last person to know this, but a quick hit of the NOTC website revealed that they've signed a few-year deal with the ROCK-N-ROLL race outfit to merge RnR with the Mardi Gras Marathon races. I know a lot of you have done some Rock-n-Roll races, and I've personally done quite a few----they are really well executed and organized AND the medals are pretty cool, generally. Anyway, the NOTC website says that the 1st 500 people to register for the fist Rock-n-Roll Mardi Gras Marathon & Half (2010) get a special entry price of $50. Which, if you're planning to do that race anyway, is a nice little discount.

I'm not sure, but I probably qualify for an AARP discount anyway.

Ok,

Aging with grace, where I used to have pace. * )

mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: