Re: Hood to Coast Relay....Wow!!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on September 03, 2009 at 05:06:25:

In Reply to: Hood to Coast Relay....Wow!! posted by Jon Adams on September 02, 2009 at 17:21:44:

Congratulations Team SpiriJon! (<---haha, hey, I just thought of that, right now, this second.)

Those are really impressive finish stats, regardless of who the race attracts. I remember looking up the race details two or three years ago and the incline of the first leg is still stuck in my mind. Whoa! Who got the "honor" of that one? I know it all had to be a blast----it's famous for being almost too much fun, and the on-in at Seaside had to be sweet, sweet, sweet!

You know, Jon, while you're recovering and reveling in the success of your team's H2C debut, I think it's a really fine time to revisit your idea (of old) of a Fort 2 Fort relay race from Fort Gaines to Fort Morgan, by land. [Free T-shirt idea: "FORTIFY YOURSELF" (or "THIS"). I thought it was a brilliant idea when I first heard you speak of it some ten (20?!?) years ago, and I think it's even "more brillianter" now. And you know, these days, the city even closes the Bankhead tunnel for random bicycle events....something I don't think they used to do.

It's SO doable, Jon: It's an ideal relay distance, and the whole fort to fort thing is practically a made for TV movie theme. You could even tack on an extra $? per team registration and pay yourself for doing it. I bet such a race could eventually end up attracting all the big [whatever] company teams!

Aww, C'mon, Jon: You're tired, you're jet-lagged, you're high on relay fun----think about it! It could be the greatest thing since you invented Doing It In The Bush! 8 )

And kudos again to the entire Team Spiridon on this latest success.

mo~

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: