Important Information - Parking for GO RUN TOMORROW

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Abbie McCullough on September 18, 2009 at 19:59:43:

I hope you are all getting excited about tomorrow's GO RUN! We have over 400 pre-registered, so we are ecstatic! Thank you all for your support, we look forward to spending a fun day with you.

I just wanted to send a quick email about traffic. Due to some construction on campus, the police will be directing traffic from Old Shell Road towards the Intramural Field Pavilion. Please look for GO RUN directional and parking signs. There will be parking at the at the north and south lots at the Intramural field, and parking at New Hope Church, which you will have to walk down to the pavilion.

They will be closing that road at 7:30 am, so if you can not find parking there, I suggest going down Stadium drive by the baseball field, going around the large round about, and park at the sorority/fraternity houses and walk across to the pavilion.
We WILL NOT be running a shuttle.

For those of you coming out of town,
From the intersection of I-65 and Airport Boulevard in Mobile (Exit 3 off Interstate 65), travel WEST toward the Mobile Regional Airport. Continue on Airport Blvd for approximately 3.7 miles to the intersection of Hillcrest Road and Airport Boulevard. (Traffic Signal - Alabama Power will be on your right). Turn NORTH (right) onto Hillcrest Road. Follow Hillcrest Road to the intersection of Old Shell Road (Traffic Signal). Continue through the intersection onto the University of South Alabama campus. Travel straight ahead and watch for signs to the University of South Alabama Intramural Complex.

**PLEASE NOTE: The University of South Alabama Intramural Complex does not have a specific “address.” You will have difficulty if you try to use a GPS device to get there and you will have difficulty using Mapquest or Google to find an address for it.

SEE YOU BRIGHT AND EARLY!
Abbie McCullough, Race Director

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: