Thanks Jon

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Victor Birch on November 03, 2009 at 22:03:50:

In Reply to: Re: running groups posted by Jon Adams on November 03, 2009 at 12:19:36:

Kenyetta, we the Blue Bell Bombers welcome all runners of all levels. We have some of the fastest runners in Mobile but that is not a requirement to run with us. You don't have to be a former collegiate runner or athlete. I believe we have only one member that is a former collegiate or high school runner. He happens to hold the record for local runners of the Azalea Trail Run. However, the main link between our runners is the love for running not for running fast.

Our Sunday morning run currently is done at 6:30 AM. We usually do a couple of 5 mile loops although various runners may be doing longer distances if they are training for a marathon. The pace ranges from 7 minutes per mile to about 10 minutes per mile. However, since most of our courses go out and back (unless you stay on the main 1 mile loop) the slowest runner is never just left behind.

Our other main days are evening runs on Tuesday and Thursday held at 5 PM for the winter months. On these days, we tend to do speed type workouts after a couple of miles warming up.

While none of our team members would ever call themselves coaches, we would be happy to share our knowledge gained though years of experience with you. I must warn you that if you do run with us for a while, you won't be able to call yourself a "slow" runner anymore. Email me for more info.

Happy running,
Victor Birch
demandorun@aol.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail: