But Seriously Folks

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on December 16, 2009 at 11:06:39:

Besides the fact that Victor and I are here all week (well, he's always here, anyway): I have news relative to: (a) This coming Saturday's Daphne 5K (8am, park on Main Street, Old Town) to benefit the local Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF) a volunteer-based, no-kill animal shelter; and (b) I'm walking the First Light 26.2 Marathon to raise $ for (1) ARF; (2) The Mutt Ministry in Baldwin Co.; and (3) either T.L.C. Animal Hospital ~~OR~~ the animal clinic of YOUR choice, those funds to be used strictly for the clinics most needy clients to pay for medical care and meds for their pets.

I am thrilled beyond belief that what I take to be enough people to fill TWO marathon relay walk teams have volunteered to register to join me in this effort, so if you see anyone sporting a Team Shambala anything, please cheer us all on.

And if you're an animal lover and would care to contribute any amount whatsoever to this cause, please e- me, or send it to: Monetta Roberts, 43 West Hathaway Road, Mobile, AL 36608. Any and all donations will be appreciated more than you can know. Victor.

After laying on my floor crying my heart out for two weeks after a pet I never though I could live without died in my arms, it occured to me to channel my grief in this way. Now I'm still grieving, but am able to get up and get out the door again, and I've found a mission to help other homeless animals.

As far as the 5K this weekend for ARF, I thought I share that they are hoping very much to find at least temporary foster homes for the 23 current animals they have for December 23 through December 26, in order to give their hard-working volunteers a well-deserved break from the daily routine of feeding, walking and tending the animals.

They have hours every day this week, including SAT, where kind folk can go see the available animals to see if any are suitable for one's home for the few days. In the spirit of giving of the season, at least give it a thought, or pass the message along to someone, if you would.

For more information about fostering for Xmas, or fostering long-term, or for adopting, please contact Lynn Carter @ LynnCarter@animalrescuemobile.org or call Michelle Turner 442-9340.

This ends the public service message portion of our program. Please resume your normal, or not so normal dutes.

Thank you,

mo roberts

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: