Racewalk Relay in 1st Light

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on December 29, 2009 at 13:13:06:

Bruce:

As I've mentioned (time and again) I am racewalking the marathon in honor of my recently departed and sorely missed companion dog, Piggy. And also to raise funds for ARF in Mobile Co., and Mutt Ministry in Baldwin Co.

I was floored when I sent out e-mails to my buds and slowly but surely, enough peeps to field TWO entire relay teams (in addition to me) volunteered to sign up to help to the cause. That's what friend are for, for sure.

I've now collected all the paperwork and $, and am sorting through everything, in preparation to beat the 31 December deadline before the next fee increase and I gotta ask you about sometime that's caught my eye.

But first, let me say that Darwin Singleton is in love with this story about Piggy and the marathon. It's going to take some talking, which he started doing today, with his station, but he really seems to want to do a feature linking this cause with the First Light.

Also, a good friend of Press Register feature writer Roy Hoffman, is on one of my teams and is mentioning this cause to him to see whether he has any interest. I say all of that in order to say this: Good press for my cause is also good press for the First Light's cause, I would think, and I am more than happy to help out as many as possible. Afterall, I only undertook this to help me stop crying after Piggy's death on November 9. Believe me, I am not exactly in shape to walk a marathon; but for Piggy's honor -- I'm there.

So my question.....It's looks a little bit like the award for racewalk relay teams goes one deep. I may have mislead myself and my two teams into thinking it was more than one.

I'd really like to be able to tell them beforehand what the real deal is...... Would you please tell me how many deep the awards for relay racewalk teams go this year?

Thanking you!!

Monetta

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: