Re: Thanks Bay Area Runners!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on February 16, 2010 at 08:48:21:

In Reply to: Thanks Bay Area Runners! posted by Leon Mattics on February 14, 2010 at 16:30:41:

Yeah...What Leon said.

What a race, what a cause, w-h-a-t-a-n-e-v-e-n-t! The Joe Cain 5K is just absolutely the best year in and year out. And even with the welcome addition of the way-out-of-towners, it always has that "old home" feel. This year I saw at least two former Hash Masters that I haven't seen since before global warming cranked up; I saw photos of one gorgeous baby (looks like me) just born to Ray-Man and Misty; I reminisced with Paul Mareno's bride--who chose Joe Cain as her first-ever race--about dancing at her wedding (SIXTEEN YEARS AGO!); and I personally awarded the Best Post-Race Outfit to Anne Wall, for her swingin' sequined Vegas Rodeo bikini get up that I coveted with all the sincere respect imaginable. My one regret is that I didn't get to catch up with Jennifer Steed, who I saw from the results was in attendance: Boo! Jennifer, I still feel the bond we sealed over shared candy cigarettes when you were pregnant....call me!

Oh, and lest I forget, Kendric and I spoke fondly of the virtual chest bump I gave him for his win at da BOMB. (If I gave him a real one, it'd prolly kill the fuzzy little runt.) In return, he fetched me some virtual beads from the widows; and by way of thanks, I gave him a virtual butt-kickin'. 'Cause that's the way me and Kenny roll.

Congrats to run winners Jon Bowie and Jimmysez's daughter Lindsey. (My friend works where Jimmy Hansel works and he's repeated so much good advice from Jimmy about biking, racing, etc., and he always starts it off with, "Jimmysez...." until we just call him that now to save time.) And congrats to racewalk winners Emily Schoenberg and a fellow whose name escapes me, sorry! I was lucky enough to hang on by my toenails for third place, having raced a young up and comer step for step from a half a mile into the race and you kids cooling down on the course who yelled to me down on Canal that I was kicking too soon: Check yourself, I was still racing.

Now come on ya'll, we got us one last day for folly to chase death: Lezzdoit.

~m~

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: