hard to say goodbye...so 'see you on the trails...'

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Lois Wims on June 28, 2010 at 15:01:29:

Dear Port City Pacers:
About eight years ago I came to this community knowing no one, and found the Pacers on the advice of a faculty member here who heard I liked to run. I instantly was impressed by the warm friends and smiling faces who reached out to me in the running community and made me feel most welcome at each event! During the years, you've been there through injuries, a hubby still 'up North', children away, and friendly competition, some far away races as well as all of the nearby ones. When I missed a few for travel I'd get nice inquiries about whether there was an injury involved, and always felt your support and concern.
I've landed a 'new gig' in Westchester Cty, NY and will be leaving at the end of July. I know they have a running group or two in the area...but do they have a Joe Cain Race, probably not! Do they have a fun newsletter or website? Do they have the spirit of all y'all?
Thank you from this transplanted Yankee for all of your many kindnesses to me and for helping me be a better runner and a much better sport!
Lois Wims

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: