Re: Double the half and add 2 minutes...

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Michael Harwell on December 28, 2010 at 14:49:55:

In Reply to: Double the half and add 2 minutes... posted by Victor Birch on December 28, 2010 at 13:50:20:

Thanks very much for the info Victor it is very helpful. Trained 600 miles in 15 weeks but maybe not enough 15-22 mile runs??? Never ran a ton of races and these recent times are all personal bests in 10k, ten miles and half-marathon. Have always ran by myself(staedy pace with not a lot of speedwork) and at age 45 have started to train harder and trying to learn more. I recently joined PCP and hope to run with a group soon in order to learn how to improve my training and times. I have watched your times over the years and appreciate very much you taking the time to try and help with your experience. I have checked out several calculators for the marathon based on my recent races and to be honest I would be tickled to death with any time under 3:30. I have been planning to go out at 7:50 to 8:00 and take it easy the first 10 but I am concerned with that middle 10 miles because of the hills and the last 6 due to the fact that I have only ran 20 to 22 two times and 13 and 15 2 times each. I want to race this thing as smart as I can and finish strong even if that means over 3:30. I am convinced not to "bank" time for sure as I read that at every turn, anyway thanks a ton for all the help and you can e-mail me at harwellmichael@att.net if you would prefer.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: