ATR recomments

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Victor Birch on March 27, 2011 at 20:18:53:

In Reply to: ATR comments posted by Rodney Brown on March 26, 2011 at 15:51:17:

Ditto on points 1, 2, 3 and 4 (except the band was too loud).

In regards to point 5. This is a problem that needs to be addressed for next year in my opinion. It could lead to a decline in folks signing up for the 10k. I've done the Crescent City Classic many times. The start of that race is a major pain but after you get your stride you can keep going strong. The design of this race is a problem late in the race when you are dealing with fatigue which is a big enough problem in itself. Having to change your stride or stop could lead to an injury. At my advanced age I don't really want to take that chance. Like I said in an earlier post, Dauphin St. was not the problem. It's Broad and Canal that are the real problem. I would like to have the 2 groups split on either side of the median on Broad St. The 10k would remain the same as this year. The 5k would turn on the right side of the median and continue that way on Canal St. I guess that the start of the 5k might have to be adjusted for a wider turn onto Canal St. That's my 2 cents. Have an even nicer day than Rodney suggested.:-)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: