Re: I wanna be first!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Chris LaSonde on March 26, 2012 at 08:52:41:

In Reply to: Re: I wanna be first! posted by Pat Hilliard on March 25, 2012 at 10:45:51:

I concur with the other 10K runners that the merge was a complete disaster. It needs to be rethunk. Maybe a second finishing mat with crowd barriers to prevent merging (this race is VERY inexpensive compared to other races I run. I don't think the vast majority would blink at $25 early registration/$30 after mail-in period), or ditching the 5K (PCP do a LOT of 5Ks during the season ... there really is a good argument that this should be just a 10K). Those or both good suggestions to think about. One I haven't seen in this thread is the possibility of tinkering with start time for the 5K. It wouldn't be perfect, but you could make start it a bit later so that the elites and other top runners would refinished and at least all the sub-40s were merging with equally competitive 5K runners.

I second the call to petition city hall for a Government Street finish. When I crossed Government headed back to my car at approximately 9:45 a.m., the cops were still there and the street was still closed. This should be doable and it would certainly add to the aesthetic and appeal of the race for both runners and spectators.

BTW that 6-year-old leprechaun who passed me at the 4-mile mark on Dauphin is one HELLUVA runner!!! Congrats to him on the 10K state record!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: