Re: C'mon, let's hear it for the course committe!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Bill Bowman on March 24, 2013 at 12:53:14:

In Reply to: C'mon, let's hear it for the course committe! posted by Leon Mattics on March 23, 2013 at 18:07:00:

The finish was great (really much better for viewers too), but I also thought the start was very conjested and I couldn't really run hard until Broad St.. I personally like the old course better as I love running under the beautiful live oaks too but I enjoy them much more during the first 2 miles when I am fresh as by the end of the race I am just trying to keep going and worrying about my time and dont notice much except how much I hurt or how to beat the clock.

I dont think many people ever loved running on Broad or Canal Streets much and the Senior Bowl race is a nicer course in my opinion becuase running down Dauphin St. at the end is fun.

Did anyone ever consider starting and finishing on Government St.-run the original course, but instead of taking Broad to Canal, take Broad to Government and turn left and finish where we started. That way you wouldnt have a conjested start and it would be a beautiful start and a beautiful finish and you could bring the 5k in any where you want on Government St.

It was a great race as usual and there is nobody like Peggy Olive anywhere in US. We are lucky to have her.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: