the 8K by the Bay was a great success

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Bill Bowman on April 15, 2014 at 19:47:41:

My congratulations and thanks to Richard Leonard, Peggy Olive and others for a great race Saturday. I had not been out to Arlington Park or Brookley Field before and it is a beautiful spot for a race. I remember two years ago when Richard announced that this would be the last Old Mobile 8K due to expenses for police street closings and how disappointed alot of us were. As difficult as it was to let go of that great race, this new course is really unique and beautiful in a different way, but a really great choice. To see the bay, the old military post, the old golf course, the airpost and then the park all in one race is really a great course.

When I first got there, I was surprised when I checked in I was helped by a girl in a county jail jump suit. But I soon realized that those “trustees” were the friendliest, nicest, most courteous people you could ever have work a road race and they all were all working hard and energetic. Out on the course they manned the water tables very well.

And what a cheering section-both out on the course and especially at the finish line. Now I know how Will Wright feels every race with that great cheering section yelling for him. The trustees were an asset to the race and i hope they enjoyed the nice day as well.

Again thanks to all that made the 8K by the Bay such a success. This is a very good race and the selection of this route was a good one.

Bill Bowman

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: