Senior Bowl 10K

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by vince kilborn on September 28, 2006 at 13:20:25:

I was somewhat disappointed to read in today's paper that the Food World Senior Bowl is no longer the mens 10K National Championship race (not that I was staging an upset or anything). Unfortunately, I believe that many people including a fair number of runners were not even aware of the prestige associated with this event, won last year by Dathan Ritzenhein and Katie McGregor, both of whom are elite athletes regularly featured in Runner's World and Running Times.

On the bright side, the organizers are adding a 5K and one mile Fun Run, and I hope to have my daughter compete in the former event. I also give the race director credit for keeping the registration fee at a very reasonable $12, which should encourage healthy participation. Hopefully, we can still draw some elite athletes to this great race. Given the flat course and great weather in early November, I think this will still be true. My daughters and I must have taken former Olympian Gabe Jennings by surprise as we cheered for him last year on Old Government Street(he came in 15th); he is truly an interesting individual as was written about in the Press Register, which did a very nice job covering this event.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: