Fall Dates

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by LeAnn Bailey on June 27, 2007 at 09:25:23:

I know it is WAY early, but does can anyone tell me the dates of the major fall races yet? I would like to find out the dates of the Senior Bowl 10K, the Turkey 10 Miler, and the Holiday Half. I have ran the Senior Bowl 10K the past 3 years and really enjoy the race. This past November was my 2nd year to run the Turkey 10 Miler. I really enjoyed the course this past year. Any chance it will be in the same spot? Every year I have goot intentions of running the Holiday Half, but I chicken out. I've never ran longer than 10 miles before! But, I dream of completing a marathon. So, I'm trying to decide if spring 2008 might be my marathon time!!

So, please don't think I'm crazy for wanting to know these dates so early. I'm just trying to figure all these events out and fit the training plans together, along with a potential new job that starts in August.

If you guys can recommend a good marathon training plan for a 1st timer, I would appreciate it. I'm a 26 year old female runner and run about an average of 10 mpm. I followed a plan by Hal Higdon for my first 10 mile race, but a friend of mine who is a veteran marathoner told me he was not crazy about Hal's plans, especially for a marathon. Not sure why, but the 10 mile intermediate plan worked great for me.

Thanks guys! Sorry this was long. Ya'll are great!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: