A Journey of a Million Miles

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Bruce Coldsmith on October 26, 2006 at 20:05:32:

A journey of a million miles begins with one step... and this is the first step.

The official kickoff for the Million Miles is January 14th at the First Light Marathon. We now have the registration set up on the website mobilesmillionmiles.com.

For those of you who already have groups going, this will be easy. Just ask your folks how many miles they plan to run (or walk or bike or swim) each week, add up those totals for the group for the ten week time period, and register that as your goal.

For example, Jon with Spiridon might have 20 runners running 50 miles per week, totaling 1,000 for the week. For 10 weeks that would be a total of 10,000 miles.

Victor will then of course enter the Bombers with 10,001 miles as their goal, and so on and so forth.

Let's get these goal mileages in so we can see how we progressing toward our goal of one million miles as we go into the holidays.

If you belong to an organization, corporate cup group and would like some help, let me know. If you are going to track your mileage individually, register at the website and then get set up with cc2log.com.

Everyone is a part of some group, organization, family or company, so let’s get these groups signed up. Let me know, on the forum or at bruce.g.coldsmith@ampf.com.

If you have any ties to schools in the area I think it would be great to get these groups involved too. So let me know and we’ll see if we can get speakers out there and other ways to get the kids going.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: