Speaking of Grand Prix awards.....

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Jon Adams on November 10, 2006 at 10:40:59:

In Reply to: Pacer! Check the postmark! posted by Victor Birch on November 10, 2006 at 08:11:49:

Sorry, but after reading thru the various posts regarding different aspects of the Grand Prix I feel compelled to throw in my .02 worth.

I guess I don't have a strong viewpoint one way or another on the structure of how points are awarded.....my only "complaint" (if you want to call it that) is the "awards" themselves. This is an area that I failed to address during my tenure as club president, but in hindsight wish I had.
IMO we need to make the awards a little more "special" for those who win "top 10" honors in the Grand Prix. Those who participate in the GP are the ones who are running MOST of the PCP races(especially in it's current format)....."paying the bills" so to speak.

I may be mistaken, but I believe that each of the "top 10" finishers receive the same award. I would love to see us make some sort of distinction between 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.....but more importantly I'd like to see at least the first place winners receive an award with a little more "recognition?". There are numerous ways to do this of course, but one that comes to mind is perhaps a Tyvek jacket with "PCP GRAND PRIX WINNER" emblazoned in large bright colorful letters! This would, IMO, be a great perk/incentive for those racing for points in the GP AND great PR/advertising for PCP. Don't get me wrong, the awarding of a free future race is a great idea......I'd just like to see those who win all those GP points have a little more recognition.

Again, just my .02 worth.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: