Re: This one we can all agree on.

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Lori Boyce on June 29, 2007 at 21:22:17:

In Reply to: This one we can all agree on. posted by lynn allin on June 27, 2007 at 23:22:21:

Oh...I have been there. Last summer, I was seeing a neurologist for the muscle "pulls" and "spasms" that were running down my right leg. After some tests, he determined that I had bulging lumbar discs which were pinching some nerves, causing the spasms and sometimes numbness in my feet. He advised me to stop running, but knowing that I wouldn't...gave me a bag of Celebrex samples and wished me "Good luck" in the marathon I was training for that August. When I had gone to his office for my appointment, I had arrived early and was sitting in the waiting room observing the other patients. "Oh my God", was all I could think...."these people are really sick!" There were walkers and canes and wheelchairs everywhere you could look. All of a sudden, I felt very foolish for taking this man's time. He had patients who were in need of his help for their very survival......I just wanted to know what I could do to get my running speed back up to par! It certainly put things into perspective for me. No matter how compromised my performance may be, I am grateful for every move I am able to make and plan to run until I drop.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: