Re: Congratulations!!!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by monetta roberts on November 15, 2006 at 16:39:34:

In Reply to: Congratulations!!! posted by Victor Birch on November 14, 2006 at 23:04:11:

Hey FatBellyFullofJellyMan:

I deeply resent you alluding to a story that I can't even imagine how you heard about!?! There is absolutely VERY little truth to the actual fact that when I said GOOD LUCK to Frank in our start corral in Chicago and slapped him hard on the back (REALLY sorry about that crown that went flying, Frank!) that I also stuck my timing chip to his back with double-sided tape. (How did I know he was later going to discard his jacket? Sh....oot!!) In my own defense I ask you: Why--WHY--would I want someone ELSE to run a fast marathon time for me when I could do it for my own self with proper dedication, training, nutrition, hydration, determination, etc., etc., etc.?? What you're accusing me of, VICTOR, just doesn't make sense by the light of pre-dawn.

Incidentally, Frank "Marathon Man" Holderfield is being waaaaay too modest! If he didn't achieve his goal in his marathon debut, then I can only suspect he was shooting for some sort of world record. His time was most excellent, even more remarkable for it being his first go at the distance! And later, he was practically skipping circles around me, like he hadn't been doing a thing all day. HE WASN'T EVEN SLIGHTLY CRIPPLED! Me, I'm crippled just getting out of bed on any given morning! I'm telling ya, The Man is a freakin' Machine! Incidentally, Frank was also voted most popular by 98 of our other NB Centennial Teammates. You *might* be surprised, but I voted for myself....

8~)

Mo

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: