Re: Victory Bowl 5K/10!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on December 07, 2004 at 06:45:32:

In Reply to: Victory Bowl 5K/10K? posted by Patrick C on December 06, 2004 at 17:06:05:

Hey,

I just got my entry form in the mail recently, and here's the scoop:

23rd Annual Victory Bowl 2005; 9:00am Saturday, January 8. If you enter by 1/06 it's $17 and it's $20 on race weekend. (Students $10.)

Like Leon said, you can call Willie Foster (evenings) at 251-928-7363 for more info; and you can mail your entry to Willie @ 9501 County Road 24, Fairhope, AL 36532

There's also a Friday night banquet ($8 adults; kids 6-12 $5; and younger kids free). You need to preregister to put on the feedbag, and can mail the $$ to Willie at the same address. The banquet will be at the St, Francis Episcopal Church, hwy 98 in Point Clear (veer right south of The Grand) at 7:00pm, You must let your banquet intentions be known by 1/05.

ALso, the Grand Hotel has a limited no. of race rate rooms ($69 plus tax) but as with all good things in life, reservations are required and you should mention the race.

This race has tons of post-race eats--you can even bring a dish of your own, and all sorts of door prizes in addition to race awards. Best award of all is a free weekend at the Grand to the top M & F 10K athlete---separate rooms, I presume *~)

I can't speak to the certification of the course, but I can say without reservation that it's a great race and Willie is a hoot.

Ok,

Monetta ROberts

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: