And on that note....

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Kerry Rehm on December 08, 2006 at 17:45:32:

In Reply to: Santa Chase Food posted by Chris Reed on December 08, 2006 at 16:40:21:

I don't wish to look like the "meanie" here but Chris' post has brought to my mind a little reminder to ALL of the participants of our Port City Pacer produced races.

We are so ever grateful that we are able to provide various "food" items for most of our races whether it comes from the PCP family (i.e. - Chickasabogue or Turkey Ten) or from sponsors (i.e. Godfather's Pizza, Butch Cassidy's or Atlanta Bread) but we ALL need to remember that the quantity of food that is served after a race is sometimes limited. For example, I believe the Santa Chase folks were so shocked at the turn out for their race that they were concerned about not having enough hot dogs to feed everyone. This happens A LOT for our races. Just like in a previous post about race directors ordering enough t-shirts to accomodate everyone at race time, the RD also has to plan on how much food & beverage to have on hand so that every race participant has the opportunity to partake if they want. Sometimes these decision are made a couple of weeks before race day and the preregistered numbers may be low at that point (like it was for Santa Chase) and so the RD makes a rough guesstimate on how much to get. Then (like it was for Santa Chase) the numbers increase dramatically and the RD is left hoping that they got enough....cause we all know, you don't want a hungry running crowd angry at you. :)

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is: Try to be aware that other race participants, especially those who bring up the rear during a race, might be left out if you "dig in" too much.

Thanks!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: