Re: Outstanding Weather for Marathon

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Leif Irgens on December 29, 2004 at 12:15:19:

In Reply to: Re: Outstanding Weather for Marathon posted by Todd Golomb on December 29, 2004 at 07:28:01:

Sure, you're welcome.

Yea, way up north (Minnisota, Wisconsin, Vermont . . .), once it gets cold, it pretty much stays that way, although they will also see some pretty wide ranges of temperatuers through the winters. However, in my opinion, once it gets that cold, well . . . cold is cold. I don't see that much difference between 0 and minus 20 to tell you the truth.

In the mid-west, it's a tetter-totter between cold fronts that drop down from Canada and warmer air that drifts north from the southern states, resulting in wide temperature swings depending on all that weather controlling stuff like the jet stream and highs and lows and OK, maybe I do spend too much time watching the weather channel . . .

Out in the mountains, (the Rockies, Cascades, and Sierras), it can be even more variable. It's possible to see all four seasons in a 1-2 day period. I remember my one year at Washington State University, on May 1st, we woke up to a light dusting of snow!! But, the sun came out mid-morning and by afternoon, it was in the 60's.

Leif

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title: