go for it!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by lynn allin on December 30, 2004 at 19:15:36:

In Reply to: First Marathon posted by sarge srj on December 30, 2004 at 13:11:09:

...but only if you are ex-military, male, over 40 or adolescent, and have been drinking heavily. These are the type of people who usually do something so stupid to prove some sense of machismo.
I know, because my first marathon training partner, and dear dear friend, was a Marine who signed up to the the MCMarathon with no training at all. He was in good shape, given the running in boots he had to perform daily, but not in that good of shape.
To put it in as few words as possible(for Victor et al)he went down...bad. So, go for it, but only if your idea of cool and fun have anything in common with hurling your guts out in public, and in some cases, on the public, ripping up your feet so badly you can't walk for a long time without pain, messing with your intestines so profoundly a solid poop will be greeted with the same joy as a Mother toilet training, possible ripped up tendons and ligaments, oh, and let's not forget the bleeding nipples!
First rule of any distance endeavour: Respect the distance.
You haven't paid your dues and your body will react accordingly.
Marathoning can be loads of fun. If you are serious, join TNT, or the gang at Krystal's on Sunday morning and you will learn much about your goal. Please, for your sake, and the paramedics on the course, sit this one out, and do it right.

My 4 cents.

Lynn "tell it like it is" Allin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL: