Balloon Lady was deflated but still glad to be there

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Sylvia Rogers on January 14, 2007 at 18:31:49:

Today I had a very good experience being balloon lady. The Course marshal and crew were extraordinary in supporting me. The police did a good job managing traffic. All of the water stop people were so fabulous and helpful. However, my old nemesis, dehydration, reared his ugly head and I called for pickup just beyond mile 23. So close yet so far. It was really a shame. My stomach had started acting up and cramps in my feet and calves started and I knew I was done. I did manage to sit and rest for awhile and walk in behind the last finisher.

The majority of the people that I passed (which was not many) were also suffering from the ill effects of dehydration. It was a hard day, so double kudoes to you all that finished! You really accomplished something amazing.

My favorite moments were walking behind two guys, one was a member of the L'Arche community and the other was walking w/him and then went on to do his own leg of the marathon relay. I really enjoyed being near those two. What a great group they are! I hope the fund raising efforts were successful.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: