The End Of An Error...errr, Era!

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by Monetta Roberts on February 26, 2007 at 07:19:11:

Gang:

I have some happy, happy, happyhappyhappy news to share! On 2/25 the tail end of my very last class of Team in Training marathoners and half-marathoners "graduated" at the Mardi Gras Marathon races.

This final team, "D'Fresh & The IT Girrls" was spread over three events and included six first-time marathoners who survived the hottest Disney Marathon in its 14-year history (temps in the mid to upper 80s---ouch); no fewer than four cases of upper respiratory illness at race time; one sprained ankle, well taped; too many p.o.'d IT bands to count; and an entire team that tolerated a grouchy coach pretty dang well, all things considered! And with many thanks to them, and to all who came before them, I get the rare pleasure of retiring from Team in Training after ten years of coaching with a perfect batting record: Everyone I coached who stuck it out and made it to his or her start line, finished, and finished like a champion! Of course, anyone who's ever marathoned knows the real credit absolutely goes to the athlete, but I am still thrilled and deeply honored to have been associated with all of my TEN YEARS worth of successful athletes, many of whom have gone on to do many more and many greater athletic events.

I'm being replaced by two most excellent TNT graduates who are extremely capable, wildly energetic, enthusiastic, excited, and many other "e" words, and there's probably still time to get training for the San Diego Rock n Roll Marathon or Half in June, if you'd like to try your hand at a long distance race but could use some guidance, a group with which to train, and are not averse to helping out a worthy charity. If you're interested, give area coordinator, Molly (a 2007 Disney Marathon graduate her ownself) Walker a call @ 472-8123.

Meanwhile, I'll be checking into the TNT coach's retirement home with my esteemed colleagues Steve Schoenwald; Bruce Coldsmith and Joe Sims. You guys play poker? Spades?? Dominoes???

8 )

Mo
"No marathoner left behind. Ever."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail: