Positive ATR Comment

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [Request Removal]

Posted by LeAnn Bailey on March 25, 2007 at 07:01:06:

First of all, I want to thank everyone who had a part in making this event possible. The work and responsibility must be astronomical. I'm sure it is very disheartening to work so hard, and then be hit with complaints immediately afterwards.

My experience yesterday was wonderful. I am not a fast runner. Average 10:00-10:30 mpm. Right now I am grateful for that. Based on the previous ATR post, I can't help but believe that some runners like to be fast just for the recognition. Maybe I'm just naive, but all the runners I have met in this area seem to run for so many other reasons. So I am disappointed by the previous post.

Sure, my finish time on my watch conflicted the time on the posted results. There was about a 45 second difference. Big deal. That does not tarnish the fun that I had, the new friends I met, and the sense of accomplishment I felt when I crossed the finish line. The ATR is a beautiful course, and feels refreshing to me. Kind of like a big kick-off to spring. What's the big deal if the water offered at the end is not flavored? Then people would complain that the Gatorade was too watered down, or served too warm.

I do not know the people who put on this race, although I have met many of the PCP's. Each have been very kind and helpful. My husband works on staff at a large church in Daphne. Each week I watch him put lots of prayer, blood, sweat, and even tears into this church. He loves it so much. But so many times people rip him to shreds with their words, and it can be so discouraging. They do not know the amount of time, energy, and thought went into his planning.

If people would stop and think beyond the little circle they are standing in, we would probably live in a much nicer place.

Sorry if this sounds like a sermon. So many times I have kept my mouth shut when I've wanted to speak up. But this time I had too express my thanks to those who made yesterday possible.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Password: (Forgot it?)
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: