Blue Bell Bombers came out on top of Masters Relay Competiti

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [All Messages]

Posted by Victor Birch on January 03, 2005 at 23:47:48:

Once again we scorched the competition.

MASTERS MALE
1 56 Birch Victor Blue Bell Bombers 2:54:44
(copied from the Legg Mason First Light Marathon results web page)

Our first leg was run by Robert "Desoto" Copeland in approximately 33 minutes despite having an injured big toe. Leg two was run by Darrin "Secret Weapon" Jarrell in approximately 31 minutes. Leg three plus about 100 yards was run by Rick "The GRAND Master" Walton in approximately 34 minutes. Leg four minus about 100 yards was run by Victor "Thankful his leg was short about 100 yards" Birch in approximately 34 minutes. The anchor leg was run by Timmy "No time for beer or rest" Jernigan in about 42 minutes. The getaway car was driven by 6th man Jimmy "I don't care this ain't my minivan" Hansel. Special recognition goes to 7th man Bill "I'm here if you need me" Brady who ran the half-marathon.

MALE AGE GROUP: 50 - 54
1 60 Bill Brady Irvington AL 1:48:32

Also congrats to the Blue Bell Bomber Gals

Marathon
107 5 Lynn Allin 35 F Mobile AL 4:23:24 10:04
Half Marathon
167 5 Marita Martin 52 F Grand Bay AL 2:09:14 9:52

Thanks to the volunteers who work the day of the race and to those who put in hours all year long, like Bruce Coldsmith, Mike Ryan, Peggy Olive and Jo Burrows just to name a few. I know that there are "alot" more and I would like them to know that we appreciate their time and dedication to the running community. Oh yeah, it is always great to see and hear Lonn Spencer on the mic.

Victor
TRFKAFBM

PS FYI Leif and I ran the same leg and he didn't catch me. He He He!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL:

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [All Messages]