Thanks

[Follow Ups] [Post Followup] [Paged Messages] [All Messages]

Posted by Michael Ryan on January 04, 2005 at 09:03:04:

Pacers,

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped make the Marathon possible. We had hundreds of volunteers on the course manning the water stops, handling course direction, working the finish line, certifying the course (Jon Olive, Leon Mattics, Jon Bowie) and handling the results ( Peggy, Dan and company) as well as the police who were absolutely fantastic!

It was really touching at the finish when Daphne Dvorak hung finisher medallions on the necks of the officers who went out of their way to safeguarded her into the finish.

I would like to give a special "thank you" to the course marshals who got up VERY early on Sunday morning and marked every turn on the course, dragged barricades into the streets, put up mile mark signs, and kept an eye on all of the runners throughout the day:

Mile 1 - 5 Todd Golomb
Mile 5 - 11 Jon Adams
Mile 11 - 13 Phylis Logsdon
Mile 13 - 16 Jim Lee
Mile 16 - 19 Keith Klusman
Mile 19 - 22 Michelle Cook
Mile 22 - 26 Leo Caffrey

Marty Demouy also was a big help in cruising the course in the table trucks making sure all the water stops had tables at 5:30am before he ran a relay leg. Thanks also to my brother Mark who ran errands all day - taking fruit to stops, getting signage and barricades up where we had problems, stopping church ladies from driving down Dauphin, and even running to Carpe Deim to get the "Lonn Spenser special" for everyone's favorite finish line maestro.

And the biggest thanks needs to go to Marty O'Malley who makes this event happen for us every year. I know there are many others I didn't name, but you are all in my heart.

Hope to see everyone out next year - spread the word and bring a friend or two with you!

- Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Required Data

Name:
Subject:

Comments (Please be civil):

Optional Data

E-Mail:
Link URL:
Link Title:
Image URL: